Monday, January 14, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

#1. Start this blog. Because I like to start off with something I've basically already accomplished. It gives me great satisfaction to have checked off a resolution within the first week or two, while other people with real goals are still working on theirs. It feeds my ego.
#2. Lose a couple pounds. I'm not sure if this was really my idea or if it's even necessary. But after the barrage of Weight Watchers advertising on New Year's Eve, it seemed like a good bandwagon to jump on. Hey, if Jessica Simpson's doing it, I should too, right? (Note to self: do NOT make this a life motto.)
#3. Love yourself more. I am 100% on board with this one. I started off with "fall in love," but then thought, who deserves my love any more than I do? Also, I may or may not have been in the Self Help section of Barnes and Noble when I came up with this one... and when you're reading all those self-help summaries, this "you" person starts to seem pretty attractive.
But let it be noted that I'm going to give myself some time on this one. Heck, it took Liz Gilbert a year and a whole lot of Italian spaghetti to figure this one out. I think I deserve at least another week and a trip to Olive Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment