Monday, January 14, 2013

I Saw Les Mis and am Obligated to Write About It

Spoiler alert: if you've somehow gone your whole life without learning the ending of Les Miserables and have yet to figure it out from the title, proceed with caution. And work on your inferencing skills.

So I'm just going to say it: Les Mis bummed me out. I knew that would happen. In fact, I largely didn't want to see it; if I wanted to spend three hours watching unnaturally skinny people and feeling depressed, I'd TiVo the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and play it on repeat throughout my house.

But I saw it anyway. Mostly because I had to know what everyone was tweeting/Facebook status-ing about. (We get it: "to love another person is to see the face of God." But think about it-- what does that really even mean?) I won't tell you all of the things you already know, I'm sure, from this excessive posting about it. But what I will tell you is to sit next to an aisle, because this movie is three hours long and every other scene is extremely emotional. Read: there is no good time to bump into all of your neighbors in your row so you can go to the bathroom. And it will happen to you. So help you, it will.


2 comments:

  1. I still have not seen it yet and I am really looking forward to it!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it yet, but I've already decided that I'm going to wait for it to come out on video. I'm just not sure if I can sit in the theater that long, especially if I'm going to be crying. I totally need to do that in the privacy of my own home.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete